History of Angular versions releases:
Version 1.0 – Angular JS – released in 2010 by Google
Version 2.0 – September 2016
Version 4.0 – March 2017
Version 5.0 – November 2017
Angular comes to second position after Node.js as per the 2018 Stack Overflow Survey. So, why Angular JS has become one of the best frameworks used till date? Too good to be true huh? Here are some reasons:
- It is open source and free to use.
- It extends HTML attributes with Directives enhancing functionalities. It can also build our custom directives as per need.
- Applications built with Angular JS are cross-browser compatible.
- It uses dependency injection following SOC principle (Separation of Concerns).
- We can perform unit testing with code written in AngularJS.
- It supports two-way data binding saving lines of client-side code.
- It has easy to use filters support.
- AngularJS has detailed documentation(https://docs.angularjs.org/guide) and tutorial(https://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial) to get started with.
- Google has plans to support Angular on long term
Is AngularJS good for all types of applications?
AngularJS could be a really good choice for applications such as Travel apps, Video Streaming apps, eCommerce and social apps.
However, if you want to develop large scale complex applications like Game apps or analytics apps then you better check alternatives such as React (https://reactjs.org/).